What the WAVE? Podcast Pilot Episode 2: Female NHS Workers, News from Armenia & Thankful for Nilde Iotti
May 1, 2020 – During these times of the COVID-19 pandemic, many of use are fatigued with the news and are so oversaturated by this point that we don’t even want to turn on the TV, radio or computer in order to actively avoid it. It’s especially hard to find a feminist angle on news during this pandemic. This is why the WAVE Office has decided to launch a weekly news podcast to strengthen and further inform our community.
We would like to introduce you to What the WAVE? Podcast!
Each week, members from the WAVE Office will provide you with feminist news that has “pinged” on our radars as well as other positive and uplifting contributions.
You can listen to our second podcast below:
This week the WAVE podcast was presented by the following WAVE Office members: Beverly Mtui, Youth Ambassador Coordinator; Katarina Višnar, Campaign Coordinator; Lina Piskernik, Digital & Social Media Coordinator and Elena Floriani, Communications & Research Officer.
Links to the news items mentioned in the podcast:
- Rise in femicides in Spain during the coronavirus lockdown
- Female NHS staff fighting the COVID epidemic in the UK is being put at risk
- Update from our WAVE member in Armenia: Women’s Support Center
- Author of a book about victim-blaming is being bombarded with online abuse
- Thankful Thursday: Nilde Iotti
Thanks for listening to our podcast! We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did creating it.